Perfumes! How to choose a long-lasting fragrance for men!
According to a famous perfumer, sometimes affectionally referred to as ‘Nose’ (French: Le Nez) confirm that from an olfactive point of view, longer-lasting fragrances usually present variations in wood, musk, and resin ingredients. This will establish the base foundation on the skin which will extend the wear for six hours and up. He also mentions that the final factor that influences the fragrance is oil concentration. “Whether a fragrance in an Eau de Toilette or Eau de parfum, the power of the smell greatly depends on the fragrance oil concentration percentage” he explains.
Antonio’s Barbershop – The Executive – Silver Heights Cologne Inspired by Creed’s Silver Mountain Water has the following notes:
- Top Notes – Mandarin, Green Tea & Black Currant.
- Base Notes – Galbanum, Musk & Sandalwood.
Available from our online store!
How to Determine Whether a Perfume Is Authentic!
When purchasing expensive perfume, you’ll want to know that you’re buying the real deal. Imitation perfumes are easily manufactured but don’t have the same quality or scent as the authentic perfume, so you don’t want to waste money on them. Understanding the signs of fake perfumes can help you make an informed choice.
- Know the seller! Most counterfeit perfumes purchases can be avoided by going to a reputable seller or a well know establishment that purchases its stock from authorised distributors (Avoid flea markets at all cost, or at least when it comes to perfumes).
Some trusted resellers listed:
- Price, although this isn’t always indicative of the quality of the perfume, if it’s really cheap for the “Brand” it claims to be, then it’s likely to be too good to be true and it isn’t the real perfume. Comparing it to prices on the market also helps, by simply googling the product and checking one to two websites.
- Research, research, research. If you are spending €100+ we recommend going into the manufacturer’s website to see if they have provided enough information on the packaging, bottle and the placement of the bar code.
- Wrapping: Legitimate perfumes typically have cellophane tightly wrapped well around the box. If the plastic is loose or badly wrapped, to the point where it is moving around the box is a clear sign that you need to look elsewhere.
- Inspect the box, very close: Check for grammar, misspelling, poorly laid out info are the things you need to be on the lookout when inspecting the packing. Real packaging is made from high quality paperboard. Boxes made from thin, flimsy material are often counterfeit. Look for the barcode on the packaging. The barcode must be placed on the lowest back portion and not on the sides. Lastly, check to see if there is any excess glue or tape. Real perfume shouldn’t have any messy glue residue or extra tape inside or outside the container.
- Barcode: Batch, control and serial number is a must when to confirm authentic perfumes. Compare the manufacturer to see whether the numbers match with their production number.
- Feel the bottle: Authentic perfumes have smooth bottles rather imitation bottles are often a bit rough and are usually poorly made, or even glass replaced with plastic. That’s a no, no!
- Smell the difference: Understanding the complexity of a real perfume is the real deal, authentic perfumes are complex and of intricate construction. Those who know the perfume’s scent can often sniff our counterfeit, you might be one of them.
- Knowing the layers is key: Authentic perfumes will have 3 layers that unveil themselves over time, consisting of the top, middle and base notes. This complexity ensures that the scent is carried and multidimensional, allowing the scent to change from the initial application until complete skin absorption. Fake perfumes will only have one layer making them flat and often “off” small after on a short time of application.
- Test it out! The final step is testing it out, some fake perfumes can cause allergic reactions, or leave unwanted rushes on your skin. Ready to buy the perfumes, test it on and leave it for a couple of hours. You will notice that if authentic the smell gradually changes from the top not to the middle not where on the other hand the counterfeit might last 1 to 2 hours max and smell vanish in thin air.